We hope this information is helpful in making a decision regarding Adult & Teen Challenge of St. Louis. The following steps must be completed before admission into the program at the Men’s Center. Please take the necessary time to carefully read over all the material, completely fill out the application, and sign all forms, including witness signatures.
2. Applicants must be at least 18 years old. Prospective applicants over 40 years old should call before submitting an application. Applicants must also demonstrate adequate emotional and mental stability to participate cooperatively in a group living situation.
3. Please take the necessary time to carefully read over all the material, including the entire Student Handbook, at least twice. Applicants and students must be familiar with the rules, policies, and schedule of ATCSL and be willing to abide by them. After reading the material, completely fill out the application and sign all forms. See links above to download.
4. Return the completed application and forms with all required signatures to Adult & Teen Challenge including the initial non-refundable $100.00 application fee. Make money order or check payable to Adult & Teen Challenge of St. Louis.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (636) 677-2818.
5. After allowing time for the application to arrive at Adult & Teen Challenge of St. Louis, the applicant must personally contact our Program Director, Paul Ridenour, to set up an appointment for an interview on weekdays between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00 pm at (636) 677-1776. Interviews may be conducted by phone. Do not wait for us to contact you.
*If you are incarcerated and have restricted access to phone privileges, please have a family member/sponsor or your attorney serve as a contact person on your behalf. This designated contact person should serve as a liaison between the institution and Adult & Teen Challenge to set up a five to ten minute phone interview directly between the applicant and the Program Director, Paul Ridenour. You or your representative must contact Adult & Teen Challenge of St. Louis. Do not wait for us to contact you.
6. All applicants prescribed psychiatric medication must undergo an assessment with Steve May, a Licensed Professional Counselor, before the admission application can be approved. There is a non- refundable fee of $150 for this assessment, and checks should be made payable to Steve May. Mr. May is not employed by Adult & Teen Challenge of St. Louis, and cannot be contacted through our office. The best way to contact Steve May is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. If approved, an admission date can be set at the conclusion of the phone interview depending on available bed space. In the event of bed unavailability, approved applicants must contact the office once a week to determine program status. If an approved applicant misses his admission appointment, he forfeits that available bed space and will be placed on the waiting list until another bed becomes available.
8. An additional non-refundable $400.00 admission fee will be required upon arrival at Adult & Teen Challenge of St. Louis. Please make checks payable to Adult & Teen Challenge of St. Louis.
Upon admission, there will be NO CONTACT with any girlfriend/fiancé for the duration of the program. Girlfriends/romantic companions are not allowed to accompany a student during the admission proceedings. Students should say goodbye to girlfriends/romantic companions before arriving at Adult & Teen Challenge of St. Louis.
If you have any questions or need further information, contact Paul Ridenour at (636) 677-1776 or by email at email@example.com.